Southwest Florida Business Lawyers Focused on Growth
Legal advice and representation for businesses across the Sun Coast
Businesses and entrepreneurs in Southwest Florida know they can trust Mahshie & DeCosta, P.A. when they need experienced, knowledgeable counsel for their company and their future. We understand how difficult and complex running a business can be — after all, we run one! Our attorneys recognize how important your business venture is to you, your family and your employees, so we seek to protect your business, help you grow and assist in ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
The knowledge and understanding to help your company succeed
We have a goal for every client we serve — to provide efficient, accessible and cost-effective legal services. As a business owner or entrepreneur, you’re focused on achieving your goals, and you don’t want legal issues to get in the way. However, with every decision and business choice, there are numerous situations that can arise, from labor and employment matters to reviewing contracts from suppliers and vendors. We aim to reduce your liability and allow you to focus your energy on your company through our business law practice, which includes services such as:
- Business transactions: In the life of a business organization, it is more likely than not that there will be changes to the original ownership structure. When business organizations change through expansion, buyouts, consolidation or joint ventures, it is advantageous to have the assistance of an experienced business law attorney.
- Corporate litigation: Lawsuits related to business practices, partnership disputes and business liability claims all fall under the corporate and business litigation category. We represent business owners as well as consumers to protect their rights within business contracts, organizations documents and business operations. While we pride ourselves in zealous advocacy in litigation, we are most interested in providing sound and measured advice that helps our clients prosper.
- Business formation and organization: Choosing the form of a new business and adopting operating bylaws is an important process that should not be overlooked. Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Corporations and other business forms have operational, tax and liability attributes that should be considered before becoming active. We work with new businesses to choose a proper form and existing businesses to improve their organization.
Open Door™ General Counsel Service: Through our Open Door™ General Counsel service, we serve as “outside” general counsel to small business owners, non-profit
organizations, and community associations assisting them by providing:
- Immediate legal advice
- Business planning and formation
- Small business general counsel
- Lawsuits/litigation representation
With the assistance of our attorneys, your business will have the resources to flourish in a competitive environment. Contact us to learn more about how we can help your business succeed.
Southwest Florida businesses rely on our smart attorneys
Mahshie & DeCosta, P.A. understands the intricacies of business law, from business contracts to commercial litigation to getting a new company off the ground. With three offices located in Fort Myers, Sanibel and Punta Gorda to serve Sun Coast businesses, HMD lawyers are prepared to assist with a wide range of legal needs. Contact us online today or call us at 239.931.7566 to learn more.